Monday, November 9, 2015

Cut: "When I Wake Up" (Jill Scott)


Back in 2011 after a four year gap between studio albums, Jill Scott released her fourth studio album The Light of the Sun to rave reviews at her first Billboard Top 200 chart topper.

While the set's singles lit up a variety of charts, the cuts from The Light of the Sun are just as, if not more impressive in my opinion and one of my favorites has to be "When I Wake Up."

Produced by both Scott and JR Hutson, "When I Wake Up" is one of those improvisation records from the album that truly highlights the brilliance of Scott both lyrically and vocally as well as sets a nice chill mood.

Take a listen below to Scott's cut "When I Wake Up" and if you haven't checked out her latest album WOMAN, it's definitely worth a listen!




No comments:

Post a Comment