Saturday, October 17, 2015

Second Listen: "I Get Lonely" (Janet Jackson)


I had the pleasure of seeing Janet Jackson last night in Inglewood at The Forum during her Unbreakable World Tour and one of the numerous standouts for me during her set had to be "I Get Lonely."

Lifted from her sixth studio album The Velvet Rope, the song was written and produced by Jackson, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, and Jackson's then-husband, René Elizondo, Jr. (co-wrote).  Released as the album's third single, "I Get Lonely" expresses loneliness and the desire for an estranged lover and became Jackson's  eigthtteenth consecutive top ten hit on the Hot 100, setting a record as the only female artist to achieve that feat, surpassed only by Elvis Presley and The Beatles.

The song received a BMI Pop Award for "Most Played Song" and a Grammy Award nomination for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance. With that said, take a second listen to "I Get Lonely" below and Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment