Sunday, September 20, 2015

Second Listen: "My All" (Mariah Carey)


Back in 1998, Mariah Carey released Butterfly (1997)'s fifth single"My All" which she co-wrote and produced with Walter Afanasieff. Built around Latin guitar chord melodies, "My All" makes subtle use of Latin percussion throughout the first chorus, before taking on a more conventional contemporary R&B-style beat and was inspired after Mariah took a trip to Puerto Rico, where she was influenced by the culture.

"My All" would become Mariah's thirteenth chart topper on the Billboard Hot 100, and was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). With that said, it is still one of my favorite songs from Mariah Carey's discography and you can take a second listen to it below!




No comments:

Post a Comment