Friday, July 17, 2015

Remix: "I Wanna Be Down" (Brandy ft. Mc Lyte, YoYo & Queen Latifah)


Reliving some of the best of 90s R&B today on my Friday playlist and I thought I would revisit with y'all the official remix to Brandy's smash classic single "I Wanna Be Down," which was originally lifted from her self-titled debut album Brandy.

Featuring Mc Lyte, YoYo and Queen Latifah, "I Wanna Be Down (Remix) flipped the Keith Crouch produced joint and was serviced to radio and TV stations in '95 after the original was already a certified hit. Speaking with Vibe about the remix is 2012, Brandy had the following to say:
"The hip-hop remix meant the world to me... I'm fresh out of the box and these superstars are a part of my first single! They are my mentors and I looked up to them. I was a huge Queen Latifah fan. I'm thinking, ‘Oh my God…I can't believe this is happening to me.' I got the chance to vibe with all three of them. They embraced me as a little sister. I was one of the first R&B artists to welcome hip-hop onto an R&B beat. It had never been done before quite like that[...] I knew it was a special record."
With that said, let's re(visit) the official remix for "I Wanna Be Down" below and Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment