Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Amazing Cover: "Feeling Good" (Lauryn Hill)


Earlier today, Lauryn Hill's sublime cover of Nina Simone's "Feeling Good" hit the net ahead of RCA's forthcoming July 1oth tribute album to Ms. Simone entitled Nina Revisited: A Tribute To Nina Simone, which is being released in conjunction with the forthcoming documentary What Happened, Miss Simone? via Netflix on June 26.

The album includes six contributions from Ms. Hill, including her riveting cover of "Feeling Good" and also features contributions from the likes of Mary J. Blige, Common, Usher, Gregory Porter, Jazmine Sullivan, Lalah Hathaway, and Lisa Simone (Nina Simone’s daughter).

With that said, take a listen below to Lauryn's enthralling rendition of "Feeling Good" and peep the official tracklisting for  Nina Revisited: A Tribute to Nina Simone as well!





Tracklisting:

1. Lisa Simone - "Nobody's Fault but Mine (Intro)"
2. Lauryn Hill - "Feeling Good"
3. Lauryn Hill - "I've Got Life"
4. Lauryn Hill - "Ne Me Quitte Pas"
5. Jazmine Sullivan - "Baltimore"
6 Grace - "Love Me or Leave Me"
7 Usher - "My Baby Just Cares For Me"
8 Mary J. Blige - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"
9 Gregory Porter - "Sinnerman"
10. Common & Lalah Hathaway - "YG&B"
11. Alice Smith - "I Put a Spell On You"
12. Lisa Simone - "I Want a Little Sugar in My Bowl"
13. Lauryn Hill - "Black Is the Color of My True Love's Hair"
14. Lauryn Hill - "Wild Is the Wind"
15. Lauryn Hill - "African Mailman"
16. Nina Simone - "I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free"


No comments:

Post a Comment