Friday, July 18, 2014

Amazing Cover: "Little Girl Blue" (Laura Mvula)


I don't know about you, but I can't wait to purchase and get my hands on Laura Mvula's forthcoming rerecording of her debut album with the assistance of the Metropole Orkest conducted by Jules Buckley at Abbey Road Studios, slated for release August 12th. Therefore, I thought it would be nice to revisit Laura Mvula's brilliant cover of the standard "Little Girl Blue."

Offering a simple piano arrangement that really allows Laura's vocals to take center stage and shine, her emotive interpretation of "Little Girl Blue" really struck me to my core and warrants several listens in my humble opinion.

While 2013 saw her debut album Sing to the Moon get slept on here in the States, hopefully she can breakthrough further with the rerelease as she is one of the most exiting new artists to emerge in my book over the last few years. Either way you feel, take a listen below to her hauntingly beautiful cover of "Little Girl Blue" and Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment