Friday, May 16, 2014

Amazing Cover: "The Closer I Get To You" (Luther Vandross ft. Beyoncé)


To honor Beyoncé's birthday today, I thought it would be appropriate to revisit her and Luther Vandross' Grammy-winning cover of the classic Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway duet "The Closer I Get To You."

Featured on bother Luther's Dance With My Father and Beyoncé's debut album Dangerously In Love, their rendition of "The Closer I Get To You" is one of the best duets of the past 25 years hands down and is in my top 10 of all time. Their vocals coo effortlessly and meld perfectly on this classic love song that it is such a crime that we never saw them perform it live together.

With that said, take a listen after the jump to Beyoncé and Luther's rendition of "The Closer I Get To You" and Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment