Friday, January 24, 2014

Behind the Scenes: "My Truth Part I: Restriction" (K. Michelle)


Two days ago, K. Michelle began a behind-the-scenes series entitled My Truth in order to further open up to fans and answer some of their burning questions.

During the first installment, K. Michelle opened up about wanting to be the best artist she could be and to continue to walk in her truth through releasing music that people can relate to. Not getting caught up in genre labels or "crossing over," K. Michelle talked about how the first album she bought was from The Judds and how she is inspired by music and good storytelling, not what music she should be singing because of her skin color.

An eye-opening mini behind-the-scenes feature in the form of "Part I: Restriction," K. Michelle underscores for me why I am so drawn to her as an artist because she is passionate about the music and the lyrics and if you truly listen to her debut album Rebellious Soul, each song has a message and story, which is something a lot of music today has strayed from. 

With that said, watch "Part I: Restriction" below and I'll be on the lookout for Part 2 when it becomes available.




No comments:

Post a Comment