Monday, January 21, 2013

Album in the Works: Third Album (D'Angelo)


While it's been more than a decade since D'Angelo's classic sophomore LP Voodoo, fans' eager desire to hear some new D'Angelo material might be quenched later this year if Questlove's recent revelations to Billboard.com are any indication.

"I'm heading out to Asia right now praying that we're still on schedule for when we said we were going to turn that record in," Questlove told Billboard. "All last week, I was in the studio finishing (the album). We spent close to 18 hours, well not me personally because I have to go to 'Fallon,' but usually right after work. He's the only person that I'll actually go to the studio with and stay there to six in the morning, re-doing these drum parts. I won't even do that for my own band, but I'll do it for him. Right now, we're just tightening up the loose ends. But I still stand by, 99% of it is done."

While time will tell if Questlove is right about the album being 99% finished, if it is on track as he later mentions in the interview, to be turned into his label by February, then hopefully we will hear a lead single from the highly anticipated project come early summer with a potential fall 2013 release. Either way, this is the first concrete news we've heard on the album in months and hopefully all signs point to new music.

No comments:

Post a Comment