Monday, July 23, 2012

Artist News: Mariah Carey joins American Idol


After rumors hit the net last week that Mariah Carey was in negotiations to join the judging table of FOX's hit series "American Idol," FOX's president Kevin Reilly confirmed to reporters at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour this Monday of Carey joining the famed singing talent competition.

Carey stated that "As a singer, songwriter, and producer, it’s going to be fun and rewarding to help find new talent and give back with 'American Idol'.... I’m currently in the studio working on my new album and its first single, 'Triumphant,' which will be out early next month. I can’t wait to channel my creative energy as a part of this show which is a massive global phenomenon."

Though Carey's friend and original Idol judge Randy Jackson's status as a judge on the hit show is still in the air, I can't deny that I would love for the Queen of Soul, Ms. Aretha Franklin and Patti LaBelle to be involved on the judge's panel in some capacity.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing Celine Dion and Mariah Carey as judges would make me so happy.

    ReplyDelete