Friday, June 22, 2012

Artist News: Maxwell cancels summer concerts


While many eagerly anticipated Maxwell's forthcoming mini tour which was going to celebrate his discography with a special two-night stint in three major cities, the Grammy-winning crooner recently took to Facebook to inform fans that he will unfortunately have to cancel his summer concert series due to vocal problems.
"I know this sucks but after many months of recording I’ve temporarily damaged my voice. I’ve had issues before during other tours, but was able to power through. I’ve been strongly advised to rest and undergo treatment. I look forward to hopefully seeing you next on our full fledged tour, when the sequel to the BLACKSUMMERS’NIGHT trilogy is released. My deepest apologies to those who made the effort to try and see the show. Love and Thanks, M."
Though the concert has been canceled, hopefully the sequel to his trilogy of albums will get a release date this fall since Maxwell has been busy working on material for it.  For those who did end up purchasing tickets for his show, a  refund at the point of purchase is expected and for those who bought tickets online through Ticketmaster or over the phone will be automatically credited back on their credit cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment