Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Album in the Works: Sophomore followup (Jessie J)


Though Jessie J's debut didn't find the same tracking in the US as it did in the UK, the songstress is already plotting her sophomore followup project and she is determined to make this album more personal as opposed to the mostly light hearted debut "Who You Are".

"There will be a lot more pain in the lyrics on my next album," the Jessie J revealed to the Daily Star. "For the seven years before I signed my record deal I was in a bad place and I was scared that I couldn't get out of it. That's why I wrote such upbeat music, as a way of trying to escape how I felt."

In addition to a more personal approach on this album, Jessie has revealed that she is also looking forward to working with several artists up the upcoming project including Ed Sheeran and B Slade, and possibly James Morrison.

"B is this amazing artist who used to be called Tonex but he retired when there was a lot of bad publicity when he revealed he was gay. B's voice is just insane," Jessie proclaimed. "I also want to work with James Morrison again after I guested on his single 'Up'. When James sent me the demo, I just couldn't get the song out of my head. So when I went to the studio I wanted it to be perfect for him because I knew how personal 'Up's lyrics were to him."

Though a release date hasn't been given, I would bet that Jessie J's upcoming sophomore album will drop towards the end of 2012 if not the start of 2013. I'll keep you posted as more information arises.

No comments:

Post a Comment