Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Album in the Works: Kem


Motown artist Kem is already on the fast track to his Grammy nominated third album "Intimacy." Though it took five years for Kem's third album to be released, according to Kem's interview with Billboard his is already in the midst of the creative process:

"I'm already cultivating songs for the next record," Kem, who's currently on tour, tells Billboard.com. "I've got three or four ideas, and I think when we come back to do the Detroit shows (Mar. 25 and Apr. 10) I'll be getting some cats in the studio and cut some things while we're there. So we're thinking about the fourth album right now."

That said, no direction has revealed itself yet. "The songs write themselves," Kem explains. "I get enough songs together and the songs will dictate what's going on and what the album will be. I think for me it works best that way."

As always, we will keep you posted on the status of Kem's upcoming fifth album.

No comments:

Post a Comment