Thursday, February 24, 2011

Artist News: Aretha Franklin responds to Fantasia's criticism of the Grammy Awards


After Fantasia expressed her feelings about not being invited to perform for the Grammy Awards tribute to Franklin at this year's Grammy Awards, the Queen of Soul has responded with a statement to USA Today’s Lifeline Live.

Franklin stated:

“I was sorry to hear that Fantasia was upset because she did not get the opportunity to participate in my Grammy Tribute this year. I recall that in the past, Fantasia participated in both my MusicCares Person of the Year Tribute and my United Negro College Fund Tribute. Fantasia is still young in the business and although we all love and appreciate her she must understand that in this business of show business she will not always get to participate in everything she would like participate in. I’m sure it was not an intentional omission. I will see Fantasia over the summer here in Detroit.” – Miss Aretha Franklin

Bellow is the clip of Fantasia speaking to BET's 106 & Park about her disappointment from last week.



No comments:

Post a Comment