Friday, July 10, 2009

Underrated Artist: Heather Headley



This "Neo-Soul" artist's two Gold selling albums "This Is Who I Am"(#14 Peak R&B Album Charts) and "In My Mind" (#1 Peak R&B Album Chart), were nothing less than spectacular. The highly underrated "If It Wasn't For Your Love" from her first album is a master class in how to sing with passion, without belting at the top of your lungs. Not to mention that her two most successful singles "I Wish I Wasn't" (#15) and "In My Mind"(#16) were solid jams and hits on the US R&B charts.

FYI: Heather Headley recently released a Gospel album "Audience of One" which peaked at #6 on the R&B Charts.

"I Wish I Wasn't" (#15)  - VIDEO



 "In My Mind"(#16) - VIDEO


"If It Wasn't For Your Love" -LIVE


1 comment:

  1. i agree she is so underrated!!!! I'm going to check out her gospel album but her last two made me a diehard fan every song on that album was not only touching but spectacular hits and her voice is one of a kind. It really makes me sad that someone like her is not cherished as other artists with half her talent. But maybe someday i seriously hope that the world comes to its senses but i will continue to love her work as an artist. Thank you Heather!

    ReplyDelete